Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » [Student] Will my simple scalable IoT platform work?
[Student] Will my simple scalable IoT platform work? [message #1833548] Fri, 16 October 2020 12:39
And Vre is currently offline And VreFriend
Hey.

First of all I'd like to apologize if this is not the right forum to ask this kind of things and if my title is a bit misleading.

I am a student who is working on a scalable IoT project. I have a simulator for Devices that send random temperature and location to broker (mosquitto). Goal is to make working platform that can store data and manipulate with devices. Also platform should work for a large amount (At least 1000-10000 of them) of Devices sending data every 1-10 seconds. I will be using 1 mosquitto broker. As this is my first time working with IoT I dont really have an idea if I'm solving problems the right way.

This is my blueprint for the platform.
index.php/fa/39077/0/

Bridge is a python script that saves every message (using mqtt paho) in InfluxDB database and is able to publish aswell.

I havent decided on how to implement Device Manger yet. Basic idea is to remove/modify existing Devices from the platform by publishing a simple command to selected Device. I was thinking about keeping track of every single device by creating corresponding object for every single one, but since this is a very basic example this probably wont be needed.

Controller will be REST API that will connect Web App with platform. Can I combine Controller and Device Manager into one module?

Will this work for a large amount of devices? Is using python and saving every request directly into InfluxDB the right way? If not is Apache Kafka the way to go?

Thank you

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2020 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Unable to connect to Mosquitto over Websocket
Next Topic:Publishing and Subscribing Using C Between 2 Computers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:02:45 GMT 2024