Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » MQTT BLE gateway
MQTT BLE gateway [message #1833142] Sat, 03 October 2020 15:58
Rowan Sylvester-Bradley is currently offline Rowan Sylvester-BradleyFriend
I need an Ethernet MQTT to BLE gateway that will enable me to control Bluetooth (BLE) radiator valves using MQTT. I anticipate that I will need two or three gateways to cover my whole house. My current thoughts are that the device does not need WiFi (it will communicate with my main house controller via wired Ethernet), and that it will be powered using micro-USB, just using micro-USB chargers plugged into the nearest mains socket. It does not need battery backup, since if the power fails everything will stop working, but when the power is restored, the main controller can re-establish contact with all the BLE devices (assuming that they have rebooted successfully). I guess that ESP32 is going to be the best hardware platform for this.

What is the cheapest/best way of doing this? Can I buy the hardware to do it? Or do I need to make it from an existing design? Or do I need to design something myself? What software does it need to run? Can I get this ready finished, or do I need to write something myself? What if some of the BLE devices send messages or require command inputs that the standard software does not translate to MQTT? How do I add such capabilities?

Thanks - Rowan
Previous Topic:How to make sure client connects with TLS?
Next Topic:Unable to connect to Mosquitto over Websocket
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:26:12 GMT 2024