Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Missing Junit Plugin in Container(Xtext Eclipse Plugin Product is missing Junit Plugin)
Missing Junit Plugin in Container [message #1831879] Tue, 01 September 2020 17:39
Martin Steinbichler is currently offline Martin SteinbichlerFriend
Hello Community,

First how we implement our Eclipse plugin and how we release it to our users:
- We are using the Xtext framework to build a DSL Eclipse plugin.
- For our users we created an Eclipse product configuration which references a feature that we also created ourselves.
- This feature includes the actual projects of our Xtext-implementation as well as numerous features and plugins that are needed to start the product.
- We export the configuration as Eclipse product which is then used by the users within a target definition and is launched using a launch configuration.

Now to the problem:
Since we upgraded our Eclipse SDK to version 4.16 we have a problem with the exported Eclipse product. When trying to include it within the target definition it says that it is missing the org.junit_4 plugin.
When looking into the plugin folder of the exported product the junit.jar file is present, however obviously it expects it to be extracted, which it isn't.
Only after manually extracting the jar file the exported product can be used.

Per default we have not explicitly added the junit-plugin to our feature, it must be included as a dependency in a different plugin or feature. However I am not sure which.
What I already tried was to explicitly add the junit-plugin in our feature and select "Unpack the plug-in archive after the installation" - however it didn't have the expected effect.

Do you have any ideas what else I could try or what could cause this problem?

Many Thanks and Regards,
Martin
Previous Topic:Eclipse IDE for RCP (2020-06) hangs opening build.xml files
Next Topic:Problem in launch Applet with Browser on Tomcat.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 11:39:28 GMT 2024