Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Edapt migration for proxy ID changes between variables on element(Edapt migration for proxy ID changes between variables on element)
Edapt migration for proxy ID changes between variables on element [message #1829164] Fri, 26 June 2020 08:08 Go to next message
Arun Kumar is currently offline Arun KumarFriend
I have been using EDAPT and EMF for a while, I am trying to find out below operation can be done by EDAPT, I searched the documentation didnt find answer. Please help me out.

In my ecore model, I have changed the ID field (Proxy) from one variable to another variable of that class. This class has been referenced by multiple elements . How to make this migration ?

Do I need to create CUSTOM migration and collected referenced element and make modification manually ?

(E,g)
Before changes
obj 1 :  < ElementA  var1="asdf" var2="defg" />
obj2 :  < ElementB  refEleA = "asdf" />

After changes <Expected>
Since, I changed the proxy from var1 to var2, below are expected..
obj 1 :  < ElementA  var1="asdf" var2="defg" />
obj2 :  < ElementB  refEleA = "defg" />

This needs to be done only via CUSTOM migration ? How ?
Re: Edapt migration for proxy ID changes between variables on element [message #1829241 is a reply to message #1829164] Mon, 29 June 2020 13:23 Go to previous message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,
I think that this does not require an operation/custom migration. Simply make the changes to the ecore and make sure that the changes are recorded in the history file and make a Release.
Then you can use migrator.migrateAndLoad to load the model. In order to save references using the new id-attributes, it is best to create a fresh ResourceSet/Resource and then move the model from the migrateAndLoad-ResourceSet to the new Resource and save it.
If this does not work for you, could you please provide an example project?
Cheers
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

[Updated on: Wed, 01 July 2020 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Unrecognized variable: (name) error in Acceleo
Next Topic:Texo support for fluent methods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 01:50:50 GMT 2024