Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » WireAsset does not start reading
WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828350] Mon, 08 June 2020 09:26 Go to next message
Vito Scornavacche is currently offline Vito ScornavaccheFriend
Hi all,
I've a problem in reading of the WireAsset. After a long time with connection problems, Kura seems to stop tryng the reading of all the assets; reading threads do not even starts. For example, the OPC UA driver does not even write in the log file "Connecting to OPC-UA...".
This happens for all the different drivers simultaneously (OPCUA, Modbus and a self-made driver). It seems that the timer components linked to assets stops working; other components (not WireAsset) work good.
If I call a read API with Postman for the blocked assets, it works fine.
Is it a known problem? There are some known reasons why this can happen?

Regards.
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828353 is a reply to message #1828350] Mon, 08 June 2020 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
is it possible that the wires thread is blocked somewhere?
Do the date change in the meantime? If using Kura until 4.1.1, it is possible that a date change to the past can affect the timer.

Matteo
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828360 is a reply to message #1828353] Mon, 08 June 2020 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Matteo,
thank you for replyng.
Timer and WireAsset are connected directly, so there is not another component that can block the wire thread.

I'm using Kura 4.1.0, anyway date has not been modified. Maybe it changed for sync errors of the OS. Is it possible?

Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828362 is a reply to message #1828360] Mon, 08 June 2020 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regarding the date it may be changed at system level or via the Kura clock service.

As you said, the issue happens on all the components at the same time. It may be that you have a component in the graph, it may be the driver associated to an asset or any other component in the graph that gets stuck never leaving the thread to continue the execution.
If you have such a blocking component you may need to use a FIFO component to decouple the graph
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828370 is a reply to message #1828362] Mon, 08 June 2020 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, just to be clear. We are talking about components not linked each other; I have different timers connected to different assets and all of them stop working in the same time.
In this context, if a component get stuck, all the components don't work? Even those that are not linked to it? And how a FIFO component can help?
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828397 is a reply to message #1828370] Tue, 09 June 2020 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The timer components rely on the quartz scheduler that, by default, has a shared pool of 10 threads.
You can prove if that can be the cause by creating another branch of the graph with a timer and a logger connected together and seeing if the logging stops.
If so, the possible answer is that.
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828401 is a reply to message #1828397] Tue, 09 June 2020 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks. Next time it happens, I will add those components.

I checked the logs and I noticed that 20 minutes after the components stopped there was a clock sync; it brought the clock back 700 milliseconds. I use Kura 4.1.0, so this clock desync may have affected timers? If so, can updating to 4.1.1 solve the problem?
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828403 is a reply to message #1828401] Tue, 09 June 2020 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I don't think that 700 milliseconds can affect the timer.
The issue we encountered was with gateways that after a time sync moved back in time for months or years and that was causing the issue
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828465 is a reply to message #1828403] Wed, 10 June 2020 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

I tried to add another branch of the graph with a timer and a logger connected together, as you said, but I couldn't. When I tried to apply changes, Kura gave me a generic error (there was no error in the kura.log file); after this all assets disappeared from the Drivers and Assets tab and became red in the Wire Graph.

After a restart of Kura, everything went smoothly. Maybe this behavior can help to understand better the problem.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1828508 is a reply to message #1828465] Thu, 11 June 2020 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have custom components in your graph? I can think of a thread management issue that prevents further changes to the graph and solves, obviously, when you restart the framework.
Maybe when this issue happens, start to debug to see if there are blocked threads or take a thread dump. That will maybe allow you to understand what is going on.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: WireAsset does not start reading [message #1829570 is a reply to message #1828508] Tue, 07 July 2020 00:27 Go to previous message
Ken-ichi Fujita is currently offline Ken-ichi FujitaFriend
Ok, I understand. Thank you.
Previous Topic:How to reset WebConsole password
Next Topic:How to get AssetName by ChannelName (ChannelRecord)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:37:22 GMT 2024