Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » JDK 11 / OpenJFX 11 no CSS autocomplete and "Unknown property" warning needs fix ASAP
JDK 11 / OpenJFX 11 no CSS autocomplete and "Unknown property" warning needs fix ASAP [message #1826804] Fri, 01 May 2020 00:18 Go to next message
Jarno Gabriel is currently offline Jarno GabrielFriend
My css autocomplete doesn't work and I get "unknown property" warnings.
I've tried a lot already but nothing seems to work. I even reinstalled eclipse, removed all the plugins, and reinstalled all of them. I created new workspaces, new projects, ... nothing works.

My Environment
Eclipse 2020-03 (4.15.0)
Windows 10 (1903)
Java JDK 11.0.7

What I did

1. Created a new Maven project (JavaSE-11)
  2. Added OpenJFX as dependency in the pom file
  3. Made sure the Maven dependencies are on the classpath since I don't want to use the module system
  4. Added the JavaFX SDK library to the classpath
  5. Downloaded the OpenJFX libraries and point JavaFX 11 + SDK path in preferences to the path I installed it to (C:\Program Files\OpenJFX\javafx-sdk-11.0.2\lib)
  6. Write a test class using the JavaFX libraries (which works)
  7. Create a css file to style my application which adds the xtext nature (and open it with the e(fx)clipse css editor)

So I can use the JavaFX libraries and I can launch my application without any errors. But I can't use the css autocomplete feature because all properties are unknown and this causes warnings.

I have posted a thread about this on StackOverflow.
Called JDK 11 / OpenJFX 11 no CSS autocomplete and "Unknown property" warning (I can't add links yet)

This has more details on about issue.
I hope this gets resolved soon, because I've been trying to get this working for almost a week now.

This issue actually delayed development for over a week now and is starting to cost a lot of money, that we just can't afford in this Corona crisis. I need this resolved as soon as possible.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 May 2020 14:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JDK 11 / OpenJFX 11 no CSS autocomplete and "Unknown property" warning needs fix ASAP [message #1826935 is a reply to message #1826804] Mon, 04 May 2020 22:22 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
I understand your frustration and yes it is broken but who do you think pays me/us to fix that? I saw you filed an issues already which is a very good step
Previous Topic:TableView sort custom policy
Next Topic:e(fx)clipse installs every day
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:47:09 GMT 2024