Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » SHARED GL CONTEXTS(GL Context sharing)
SHARED GL CONTEXTS [message #1826219] Tue, 21 April 2020 10:34 Go to next message
Marco Maisano is currently offline Marco MaisanoFriend
Hi Tom,
I am developing a JavaFX application with multiple DriftFXSurface nodes; each DriftFXSurface displays the same data set from a different view.

I would like to use a GLContext for creating and sharing OpenGL objects (VBOs, Textures etc.) among all my DriftFXSurface nodes.

Is it possible to create a DriftFXSurface with its GLContext shared with a "root" GLContext?

If yes, how can I do it?

Thanks for the help!
Re: SHARED GL CONTEXTS [message #1826315 is a reply to message #1826219] Thu, 23 April 2020 11:35 Go to previous message
Christoph Caks is currently offline Christoph CaksFriend
Hi Marco,
The current implementation of driftfx creates an internal root context and for all surfaces a shared context. So context sharing should work out of the box for you.
However this root context can not be set by you. You have to use one of these drift contexts to initialize your resources, or create another one by using the GLContext#CreateSharedContext api.
This will change in the next version. I'm thinking of removing the context management from drift so you can create your own contexts.
Previous Topic:e(fx)clipse doesn't work well
Next Topic:TableView sort custom policy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 14:49:59 GMT 2024