Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Cannot Update AUT using maven runner (injection/test case with update)
Cannot Update AUT using maven runner (injection/test case with update) [message #1819520] Thu, 16 January 2020 16:42
Guillermo Reobasco is currently offline Guillermo ReobascoFriend
Hi,

I'm not able to update my AUT neither using Injections or a specific test case which installs it through "check for updates".
It is important to specify that the updates being applied require AUT restart

Case 1: Maven runner + Injections
The log shows that injections are downloaded from the update site, however after running AUT none of the installed plugins are available.

Case 2: Maven runner + Test case running update
In this case, the Dialog shows that Software updates are not enabled, as if it was the case of a run configuration without "Support software installation in the launched application" checkbox enabled

Case 3: RCPTT IDE + Test case running update
Even though the update shows as if it was run successfully, after restarting the AUT all the data is lost (restart is mandatory after the update)

Findings:
Case 1: seems to be working on runner 2.4.0-M2 , but on newer versions it stopped working. On 2.4.2 it is not working anymore.
Although I tried on an AUT which uses an older version of Eclipse I need to use a newer version of RCPTT now because support for Eclipse version 4.9 was added on later version.
So far the only difference I have found is that osgi.framework paths are different in the config.ini generated, but I'm not sure if this makes to the problem.

When working:
osgi.framework=file\:/Users/greob/git/sanity/target/runner-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.13.100.v20180827-1536.jar

When not working:
osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.12.50.v20170928-1321.ja

If it is possible I'd prefer to run the update as in Case 2 since I need to automate this case.
Do you know what can be happening?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:'time out aut does not respond'.
Next Topic:Unable to run test written with RCPTT 2.3 using RCPTT 2.4.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 20:05:16 GMT 2024