Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Generate merged cells in Excel
Generate merged cells in Excel [message #1819082] Tue, 07 January 2020 13:11 Go to next message
Michaël Melchiore is currently offline Michaël MelchioreFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to generate merged cells in Excel documents ? I am considering generate interface description with Gendoc, and merged cells would help readability when nesting is involved. From the current syntax, I fail to see how it should be done.

Currently, I use Acceleo to output Asciidoctor documents which I compile to PDF, but I think Excel documents would be more suitable for some model elements.

Kind regards,

Michaël
Re: Generate merged cells in Excel [message #1819083 is a reply to message #1819082] Tue, 07 January 2020 13:27 Go to previous message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

Yes!, I think it should be no problem, you just add the gendoc tags in the in the rows before and after where your merged cells will be. That should work.

The excel processing is implemented by annotating all the cells with gendoc tags with the original cell ids and after run the acceleo scripts update any reference to the old annotated cells to the rusulting new cells, so I think it should work without any problem.

Regrads,
Antonio

/Antonio
Previous Topic:Word 2010 unable to open generated Documents
Next Topic:Word sub document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 21:09:28 GMT 2024