Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Gendoc Relase Roadmap update
Gendoc Relase Roadmap update [message #1814788] Wed, 18 September 2019 08:52 Go to next message
Nicola Mazzacane is currently offline Nicola MazzacaneFriend
I heard that Papyrus is building its documentation generator and, at the same time, Gendoc release roadmap has not been updated for almost two years.

Since we have structured part of our development and documentation process using Gendoc, it is important for me to know what its future is.

By the way, the Gendoc contact email address 'fr.gendoc-support@atos.net' does not appear to be active.

Best regards,
Nicola
Re: Gendoc Relase Roadmap update [message #1814795 is a reply to message #1814788] Wed, 18 September 2019 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello Nicola (glad to hear from you after all these years !)
For a long time we are indeed not very good for roadmap announcement. Gendoc is quite stable (even that, tables, xls have been added recently) and it is interesting to see alternatives coming.

As far as i Understand the choice made by Papyrus team is to provide a model of document to generate documentation (it was the idea behing Topcased gendoc 1 the ancestor of Eclipse gendoc)

as Gendoc is open source, if you are a professional and if you need long term vision and support, a solution is to contact a company which does professional support like Atos. I did not know the email fr.gendoc-support@atos.net is not valid anymore but I am pretty sure some people from Atos will answer you through this forum or by email.

Regards
Tristan FAURE

[Updated on: Wed, 18 September 2019 13:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Gendoc Relase Roadmap update [message #1814802 is a reply to message #1814795] Wed, 18 September 2019 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicola Mazzacane is currently offline Nicola MazzacaneFriend
Tristan,

thank you for your kind reply.

It is true what you say about professional support and I am glad that Gendoc is now almost stable, but my question was indeed about the future of the project, since I believe that Gendoc is a very useful, flexible and well-designed component.
For example, is it planned a Gendoc release for IDE 2019-09?

However, I will continue to visit the Gendoc website to be promptly informed of any desirable update.

Best Regards,
Nicola
Re: Gendoc Relase Roadmap update [message #1814952 is a reply to message #1814802] Mon, 23 September 2019 11:28 Go to previous message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi Nicola,

You are right, we are not so good updating the road map. And we have not done for a while. But the truth is we do not have much to add, we add support for excel and powerpoint formats.

We have make Gendoc a little more robust and better error reporting for the las releases. We also add support for Papyrus tables.

I will try to update the road map, at least the dates, so it is clear we are still working on it, I will also update the download page and add links to the 2019-06 and
2019-09 updates sometime this week.

In the other hand, I am myself involved in a try to get the sequence diagrams in papyrus fixed once for all, which drag a lot of my time these days.

The have two thing in mind, that is not in the road map, is to try to generate the diagrams in papyrus as a native ECMA / OOXML object format, so it is possible to do "post" edition and reuse in presentations, copy and paste fragments, etc... which is quite useful when you need to create a presentation.

We will continue improving the support for the new formats (xlsx and pptx), and make Gendoc more and more stable.

But if you need some new feature, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Antonio Campesino
Previous Topic:issue with Gendoc v0.7.2
Next Topic:GenDoc problems (noob)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 08:21:03 GMT 2024