Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How to downgrade an installed library version in linux
How to downgrade an installed library version in linux [message #1805938] Mon, 29 April 2019 06:42 Go to next message
niana varma is currently offline niana varmaFriend
Currently, I'm doing development using the packet capture library: libpcap on a CentOS box. I installed the latest version libpcap 1.1 using the source code and later I got to know that I'd the older version libpcap 0.9.4 already installed on my system. Now the application I'm building uses the latest libpcap i.e 1.1 version. The problem I'm facing is that the embedded Linux boxes on which my application is going to run does not have the latest libpcap 1.1 version installed(its a pain to install the latest version as we've to compile the source code which itself requires a lot of things to be installed) and luckily the embedded Linux boxes have yum configured and the older version of libpcap 0.9.4 is available through standard repository. As we've a lot of such embedded boxes, I think the best option is to the downgradethe libpcap version from 1.1 to 0.9.4(or somehow use the older one during the build process) on my development box so that the build binary depends on the older version which is readily available on the embedded Linux box.
Re: How to downgrade an installed library version in linux [message #1806364 is a reply to message #1805938] Wed, 08 May 2019 08:05 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
maybe I didn't get the point but, is this a question regarding Kura?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Kura Driver
Next Topic:mqtt message changed when routed using camel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 22:20:15 GMT 2024