Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Connect Wireless Devices to Kura(doing a IoT project about greenhouse)
Connect Wireless Devices to Kura [message #1804312] Fri, 22 March 2019 10:07 Go to next message
a zaggr3ss is currently offline a zaggr3ssFriend
Hey everybody :)

I have a basic Q about Kura (I'm rather newcomer in IoT and Kura project)
I want to make a Smart Greenhouse using Eclipse Project I read a tutorial at eclipse website but it's not enough

so actually I did this things:

1. install Kura on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+
  2. configure the network (make a access point for LAN and connect to a wifi as WAN
  3. connect Kura to Kapua as Cloud Server

So now i need to get some data from an arduino which has some sensor connected to it and it is connected to Raspberry using LAN access point which i made it ready using Kura, then I want this data to be produce at Kura gateway and do some thing regarding to a Database (for example send a voice alert if the temperature was upper than 60 centigrade), then i want to send this data to could server to get access to it using Swangger API which is built in Kapua.

actually the most important thing is how to connect edge devices to Kura and use their data.

Sorry for Long Question.

thank you in advance.
Re: Connect Wireless Devices to Kura [message #1804623 is a reply to message #1804312] Fri, 29 March 2019 16:47 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi, usually you connect Kura to Sensors, PLCs and actuators using industrial protocols like modes, opc-ua, etc.
In Kura those are available as Drivers and, using a so called Asset, you can map those elements and make them available in Kura Wires or Java APIs.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Configure default instance of a service
Next Topic:Properly build .deb package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:26:32 GMT 2024