Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » paho async c++ client, no timeout on MQTTAsync_sendMessage?
paho async c++ client, no timeout on MQTTAsync_sendMessage? [message #1804174] Tue, 19 March 2019 22:01
chris baker is currently offline chris bakerFriend
I'm implementing an mqtt client interface for my application using the paho library. When making the MQTTAsync_sendMessage call there does not appear to be any way to specify a timeout so... should it be assumed that until either a callback is received to either the MQTTAsync_sendMessage "onSuccess" or "onFailure" callback functions (or to the MQTTAsync_connectionLost callback function specified via MQTTAsync_setCallbacks) that the underlying code is retrying the send indefinitely? Is there maybe just some hard timeout after which I'll get an "onFailure" callback? Since I require fairly low throughput I'm keeping it simple and only sending one message at a time so I assume if I just start doing my own resends after some period I could end up getting multiple "onSuccess"/"onFailure" callbacks eventually which I'd rather not have to deal with if possible. I know I can use the tokens to keep track but sending only one message at a time I'm hoping to avoid that...
Previous Topic:Unable to build a Project in Windows without Visual Studio
Next Topic:ConcurrentModificationException in deliverMessage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 08:18:12 GMT 2024