Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT Maven plugin and Tycho
RCPTT Maven plugin and Tycho [message #1799675] Wed, 12 December 2018 08:54 Go to next message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used the RCPTT plugin for Maven with a Tycho build? From what I can tell from what I'm seeing, the tycho packaging plugin runs in the 'package' phase, but the RCPTT plugin runs during the 'compile' phase, which is before package, so the temporary repository in the filesystem of the project is not available at that point.

Is this correct? Is there any way to move the RCPTT execution to the integration-test phase?

Cheers,
Kev.
Re: RCPTT Maven plugin and Tycho [message #1800038 is a reply to message #1799675] Wed, 19 December 2018 09:45 Go to previous message
Jens Lidestrom is currently offline Jens LidestromFriend
Running RCPTT in a Tycho build works fine.

I'm not sure how the phases and the activities are arranged, but it works, without any special configuration.

In the build in our organisation the RCPTT Maven plugin accesses our zip archive files containing our RCP application. So obviously RCPTT is must run after the step when those archive files are produced.

Indeed, it would be truly surprising if RCPTT didn't work with Tycho, given that it is advertised as a testing tool for Eclipse applications, and Tycho is the standard build system for Eclipse.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2018 10:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Two Blocker Issues with RCPTT
Next Topic:RCP add Undo/Redo in the FormEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 18:08:32 GMT 2024