Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Enum Dropdown: Value not set on keyboard input if Enter is not pressed
[EMF Forms] Enum Dropdown: Value not set on keyboard input if Enter is not pressed [message #1799403] Thu, 06 December 2018 09:06 Go to next message
Nikola Veber is currently offline Nikola VeberFriend
Hi everyone,

I have found this in version 1.15, SWT Renderer, after checking the code of the current version, it appears this still may be a problem.

Use-Case:
Navigate with Tab to an enum control;
use keyboard to change selection by pressing the first letter of some enum value;
press tab again to navigate further.

The value in the combo remains as selected, but the value in model is not updated.
If Enter key is pressed before the tab, value is updated.

Can someone confirm this behavior in the current version? I have a workaround I am testing at the moment, will report if it causes any negative side effects.

Cheers,
Nikola
Re: [EMF Forms] Enum Dropdown: Value not set on keyboard input if Enter is not pressed [message #1799464 is a reply to message #1799403] Fri, 07 December 2018 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi Nikola,

thanks for reporting this. Can you create a BR and ideally a contribution?

Best regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Enum Dropdown: Value not set on keyboard input if Enter is not pressed [message #1815896 is a reply to message #1799464] Mon, 14 October 2019 15:56 Go to previous message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
I have just tested this functionality with EMFForms 1.22.0 and on the Coffee Model example and it works as expected. The bug seems to be fixed in the meantime.
Previous Topic:[Edapt] ClassCastException when migrating models with InstanceClassName-attributes
Next Topic:How to set Enum value in custom edapt migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:29:56 GMT 2024