Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Sensor Health Check(Checking if the sensor measuring correctly)
Sensor Health Check [message #1799066] Thu, 29 November 2018 13:36 Go to next message
Güven Yücetürk is currently offline Güven YücetürkFriend
Dear All,

I have a question, I have checked the forum and didn't see a topic on this, so if it is repetition I am sorry. I am a newbie on the forum.

I have a bunch of sensors on Kura, and I would like to see if the sensors doing the measurements correctly, and if not I would like to send Kapua a message saying that something is wrong with this specific sensor.

For example, assume that I have a temperature sensor, while it was measuring 20C, suddenly measurement falls down to say -5C, then goes back up to something around 20C again and goes that way, or the calibration is messed up say I know that I am taking temperature measurement of water, in this case, it has a threshold of 5-20C but it is giving me measurement well beyond this range. Clearly, something is wrong, so I would like to run a simple health check on the data before I send them, and if something is wrong with these checks I would like raise flag.

I hope the problem is clear.

I know when I am modeling, I can clean this data, or on Kapua understand that something is getting wrong, then do the recalibration. However, for the sake of scalability, it will be much easier to have thresholds and ranges on Kura to do simple health checks.

I have seen there is a watchdog service, but as much as I understand it has a different purpose.

Sincerely,

Guven
Re: Sensor Health Check [message #1799069 is a reply to message #1799066] Thu, 29 November 2018 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
currently Kura has nothing to fit your needs out of the box.
But I believe that you can define such sort of logics using Kura Wires.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Sensor Health Check [message #1799070 is a reply to message #1799069] Thu, 29 November 2018 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Güven Yücetürk is currently offline Güven YücetürkFriend
Thank you Matteo,

When I checked wires to see that whether it has such functionality, I thought that we can add if it doesn't:)

Best regards

Guven
Re: Sensor Health Check [message #1799080 is a reply to message #1799070] Thu, 29 November 2018 15:10 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
If you'll decide to create a new component, it would be great if you could contribute it to the community, maybe just as an entry to the marketplace.
Otherwise, if you manage with the existing components, it would be useful if you could prepare an example showcasing the scenario that we could add to the existing Kura documentation.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Kura 4.0 on Intel NUC
Next Topic:Mqtt message capacity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:17:13 GMT 2024