Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura 4.0 on Intel NUC(Some issues installing Kura on Intel NUC and Ubuntu)
Kura 4.0 on Intel NUC [message #1798779] Sat, 24 November 2018 13:58 Go to next message
Luigi Saetta is currently offline Luigi SaettaFriend
HI all,

I have tried to install and configure KUra 4 on Intel NUC with Ubuntu 16 LTS.

The distribution used is the one for UP2

The biggest issues I have faced is the fact that, after the installation, connection through ssh and HTTP (to KUra Web UI) is blocked by the firewall.
The reason is that the default rules enable access over an interface called
enp3s0

On Intel NUC the Ethernet interface is eno1 (at least on my NUC)

Now, I have managed using direct connect and opening manually through iptables command. After that, through web UI I have set up the correct name of the interface in Firewall rles. But this is an annoying process.
Is there any "clean" way to change the name of the interfaces in the firewall rules and the restart Kura.
Basically, I'm asking what steps we should do to have a general "Intel NUC" version, for ubuntu, of course.

thnks
Re: Kura 4.0 on Intel NUC [message #1799063 is a reply to message #1798779] Thu, 29 November 2018 13:20 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
the clean way to support the Intel NUC would be to create a specific distribution where all the network related files are updated to support the target environment.
If the network manager is not of an interest, then give a try to the NN version of Kura.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Bundle start too early (before network connectivity)
Next Topic:Sensor Health Check
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:11:21 GMT 2024