Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » MQTT broker disconnection(MQTT broker disconnect when pingreq is not set by client after 1.5*keep alive time)
MQTT broker disconnection [message #1786325] Tue, 01 May 2018 08:31
dan banit is currently offline dan banitFriend
Hi,
I'm developing a MQTT client task that connects to a mosquitto broker and I encountered a problem.

MQTT backgroud:
If the client doesn't send any messages during the period of the keep alive it must send a PINGREQ packet to the broker to confirm its availability and also make sure the broker is still available.

The problem:
I was running a stress test between two clients, in which the two clients sent to each other a big amount of messages, in a short interval of time, through a mosquitto broker.
The clients didn't send PINGREQ message because they were already sending other messages, and after 1.5*(keep alive period) the broker disconnected the both two clients.
I assumed it was because the two clients didn't send the PINGREQ and I intentionally edited the code so the two clients will send PINGREQ every keep alive period no matter what, and the problem was solved!! The broker didn'd disconnect any of the clients anymore.

I find this behavior inconsistent with the MQTT protocol.
Will you please enlighten me about this issue.
Thank you!
Previous Topic:how to bridge between two mqtt brokers
Next Topic:Paho mqtt connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 12:10:17 GMT 2024