Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » Generic Enumeration Literal
Generic Enumeration Literal [message #1783968] Tue, 20 March 2018 19:44 Go to next message
John Dziurlaj is currently offline John DziurlajFriend
I have a number of UML classes that share a similar structure. An enumeration "X" has a number of values, including X::other. When a class instance has X::other for this attribute, then another attribute, OtherType must be defined. The OCL constraint looks something like this:

self.Type = X::other implies not self.OtherType.oclIsUndefined()

This works well enough. However, each class has its own enumeration (of a different type) so the explicit referencing of a classifier will not work if I try to apply this rule to multiple elements. I tried something like:

self.Type = self.Type.oclType()::other implies not self.OtherType.oclIsUndefined()

but received an error regarding the use of ::

Is there a way to accomplish this?
Re: Generic Enumeration Literal [message #1784116 is a reply to message #1783968] Thu, 22 March 2018 16:03 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Generic functionality generally requires reflection, which OMG OCL explicitly excludes although there are aspects of the specification that require it.

The Pivot-based Eclipse OCL used within Payprus supports reflection. oclType() returns an OCL::Class which is pretty similar to a UML::Class except that property names are rationalized, so something like (untested) oclType().oclAsType(pivot::Enumeration).ownedLiterals->select(name='other') might help you. (The cast to Enumeration should probably be unnecessary._

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:def / derive in interactive OCL console
Next Topic:Validate OCL from ecore standalone => Exception java.lang.NullPointerException: null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:59:31 GMT 2024