Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » MQTT conformance test (Test specification when testing a client )
MQTT conformance test [message #1779703] Thu, 11 January 2018 12:29 Go to next message
Li L is currently offline Li LFriend
Hi,

I have been looking at the MQTT Conformance/Interoperability Testing project and have a few questions when it comes to conformance testing of a client. From what I understand I should use the model broker and run tests against that broker to measure the specification coverage of the tests.
Are there any test cases implemented and/or specified for clients to use?
Will some of the Client Test column tests in the MQTT Tests excel be implemented or is it up to each client to implement its own test cases?
Will the Statement No in the excel file be updated to the released 3.1.1 standard instead of the Draft version that is currently used?
Re: MQTT conformance test [message #1780166 is a reply to message #1779703] Thu, 18 January 2018 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
Hi,

yes, you can use the model broker to run the client against. It will tell you on termination which conformance statements have been encountered during the testing. My original goal was to generate an abstract test suite which would apply to any client library. To run against a specific library then this abstract suite would have to be translated to the API of the library.

At this point, you can write your own test suite, and the model broker will give you an idea of the completeness of your testing. The coverage matrix in the spreadsheet is really a minimal coverage set, a stepping stone to the complete coverage suite which I have not yet achieved.

There is also a specific Eclipse IoT Testware project which you might like to look at: https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-iot-testware
Re: MQTT conformance test [message #1864518 is a reply to message #1779703] Thu, 21 March 2024 02:56 Go to previous message
Kenna Anna is currently offline Kenna AnnaFriend
Li L wrote on Thu, 11 January 2018 12:29
Hi,

I have been looking at the MQTT Conformance/Interoperability Testing project and have a few questions when it comes to conformance testing of a client. From what I understand I should use the model broker and run tests against that broker to measure the specification coverage of the innocence test.
Are there any test cases implemented and/or specified for clients to use?
Will some of the Client Test column tests in the MQTT Tests excel be implemented or is it up to each client to implement its own test cases?
Will the Statement No in the excel file be updated to the released 3.1.1 standard instead of the Draft version that is currently used?

I have been looking at the MQTT Conformance/Interoperability Testing project and have a few questions when it comes to the conformance testing of a client. From what I understand I should use the model broker and run tests against that broker to measure the specification coverage of the tests. Are there any test cases implemented and/or specified for clients to use? Will some of the Client Test column tests in the MQTT Tests Excel be implemented or is it up to each client to implement its test cases? Will Statement No in the Excel file be updated to the released 3.1.1 standard instead of the Draft version that is currently used?
Previous Topic:paho client subscribe succeed, but no message received
Next Topic:install eclipse paho broker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 05:37:57 GMT 2024