Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Toolbar actions for GenericEditor(Access to the editing domain and control enablement)
Toolbar actions for GenericEditor [message #1775983] Wed, 08 November 2017 21:10 Go to next message
Hallvard Traetteberg is currently offline Hallvard TraettebergFriend
I'm using the toolbarAction extension point to add actions to the GenericEditor's toolbar, and have two problems:

1) I would like the enablement of the actions to be dynamic, based on the selection, but the ISelectionProvider does not support registering listeners. The ISelectionProvider is an inner class of GenericEditor that throws UnsupportedOperationException for the add and remove methods for ISelectionChangeListeners.

2) Some of my actions change the model, but even if they do, the editor does not become dirty. I guess this is because the change is not performed by a command on the command stack. To do this, the action needs access to the IEditingDomain, but how can it? The toolbarAction only gets a reference to the ResourceSet and the ISelectionProvider.
Re: Toolbar actions for GenericEditor [message #1778468 is a reply to message #1775983] Thu, 14 December 2017 15:13 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi Hallvard,

sorry for the late answer. Could you kindly report both things as Bug Reports as you already did for the other short comings you have identified? Please set me on CC...

Thanks and best regards,

Jonas

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] Issue with serialisation code in Generic Editor
Next Topic:Select renderer in view model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:20:47 GMT 2024