Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Registering an UML-RT Package using Extension Points
Registering an UML-RT Package using Extension Points [message #1775179] Wed, 25 October 2017 21:07 Go to next message
Sudharshan Gopikrishnan is currently offline Sudharshan GopikrishnanFriend
Hello all,

I am trying to register an UML-RT Package using the "org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.extensionpoints.UMLLibrary" extension point, so that I can import the package latter as a registered package within my UML-RT model. When I try importing the registered package, it does not import and i get the below error.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /packages/DetectionSensor.uml
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.url.bundleentry.Handler.findBundleEntry(Handler.java:49)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.url.BundleResourceHandler.openConnection(BundleResourceHandler.java:169)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.connect(PlatformURLConnection.java:112)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.connect(PlatformURLConnection.java:93)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.getInputStream(PlatformURLConnection.java:228)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIHandlerImpl.createInputStream(URIHandlerImpl.java:207)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.createInputStream(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:360)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1269)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)

Eclipse is unable to find the UML file, even though i included it in the binary build.

The path i had given while registering using the extension point is : platform:/plugin/ca.queensu.cs.rover.configuration/packages/DetectionSensor.uml

Any help or pointers will be really helpful !

Thank you.

Regards,
Sudharshan
Re: Registering an UML-RT Package using Extension Points [message #1775245 is a reply to message #1775179] Thu, 26 October 2017 17:07 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I'm not sure what's the problem. You can try this: make sure you include the "packages" folder in your build.properties file and also the "plugin.xml" file.

For example

bin.includes = META-INF/,\
               plugin.xml,\
               about.html,\
               packages/

Also, I would recommend that instead of using platform:/plugins/... directly, you create an ecore pathmap mapping like this:

<extension point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.uri_mapping">
        <mapping
            source="pathmap://ROVER_LIB/"
            target="platform:/plugin/ca.queensu.cs.rover.configuration/packages/"/>
    </extension>

and then in the extension point for the library:

<extension point="org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.extensionpoints.UMLLibrary">
        <library
            description="Rover Library"
            name="Rover Library"
            path="pathmap://ROVER_LIB/DetectionSensor.uml"/>
   </extension>

Although I'm not sure this is necessary, also make your plugin a singleton and activate when a class from the plug-in is loaded (Overview tab of the MANIFEST.MF).
Previous Topic:Correct use of plugin capsules
Next Topic:.cpp extension in codegen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:26:51 GMT 2024