Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Need help about palette Contribution for custom Element
Need help about palette Contribution for custom Element [message #1773918] Fri, 06 October 2017 14:02 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello everybody,
I'm working on the integration of Papyrus Properties View framework with WindowBuilder. These views are described with XWT, but with custom widget.

I succeed to render your exising property view with WindowBuilder (hacking it to bypass a ClassLoader problem and continue to work, I just add to windowbuilder a dependency on Papyrus ).
I succeed to add our widgets in the palette using the wb extension point, but I don't understand how to make work it :
- creation is not allowed
- widget can't be selected in the UI. WindowBuilder only understand the composite object.

Our widgets are not instance of Composite, they wrap it and provide a method to create it.

Please do you have some ideas about the process to follow to :
- get my widget selectable in the wb UI
- allow to creation

Here an example of your xwt file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Composite xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/xwt/presentation"
	xmlns:creation="clr-namespace:org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.properties.ui.creation"
	xmlns:j="clr-namespace:java.lang" xmlns:ppe="clr-namespace:org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.properties.ui.widgets"
	xmlns:ppel="clr-namespace:org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.properties.ui.widgets.layout"
	xmlns:umlXtext="clr-namespace:org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.properties.xtext"
	xmlns:x="http://www.eclipse.org/xwt"
	xmlns:xtext="clr-namespace:org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.widgets.xtext.creation">
	<Composite.layout>
		<ppel:PropertiesLayout></ppel:PropertiesLayout>
	</Composite.layout>
	<Composite>
		<Composite.layout>
		</Composite.layout>
		<ppe:StringEditor input="{Binding}" property="UML:NamedElement:name"></ppe:StringEditor>
		<ppe:StringEditor input="{Binding}" property="UML:NamedElement:label"></ppe:StringEditor>
		<ppe:StringEditor input="{Binding}" property="UML:NamedElement:qualifiedName"></ppe:StringEditor>
	</Composite>
	<Composite>
		<Composite.layout>
			<ppel:PropertiesLayout numColumns="2"></ppel:PropertiesLayout>
		</Composite.layout>
		<ppe:BooleanRadio input="{Binding}" property="UML:Classifier:isAbstract"></ppe:BooleanRadio>
		<ppe:BooleanRadio input="{Binding}" property="UML:Class:isActive"></ppe:BooleanRadio>
	</Composite>
	<Composite>
		<Composite.layout>
		</Composite.layout>
		<ppe:EnumCombo input="{Binding}" property="UML:NamedElement:visibility"></ppe:EnumCombo>
		<ppe:MultiReference input="{Binding}" property="UML:StructuredClassifier:ownedAttribute"></ppe:MultiReference>
	</Composite>
	<Composite>
		<Composite.layout>
			<ppel:PropertiesLayout numColumns="2"></ppel:PropertiesLayout>
		</Composite.layout>
		<ppe:MultiReference input="{Binding}" property="UML:Class:ownedOperation"></ppe:MultiReference>
		<ppe:MultiReference input="{Binding}" property="UML:Class:ownedReception"></ppe:MultiReference>
	</Composite>
</Composite>

Re: Need help about palette Contribution for custom Element [message #1774093 is a reply to message #1773918] Tue, 10 October 2017 13:36 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Since 2 days I continued on my problem. I created :

• java class "*ComponentInfo" extending org.eclipse.wb.internal.xwt.model.widgets.ControlInfo
  • *.wbp-component.xml file, in which I register my java class as <x-model> and I added <parameter name="XWT.hasModel">true</parameter>
    Now I get ClassCastException because my editors can't be cast as Control.
    Of course I could duplicate and adapt the ControlInfo class to fix by problem, but I would like to know if there is another way for that ? I already tried to add this king od thing in my component.xml file, but without success

<parameter name="viewer.control.method" value="getControl" />
    		<parameter name="Wrapper.method">getControl</parameter>

Previous Topic:Fresh Eclipse Install and Window Builder Design tab crash
Next Topic:creating a palette for Editors which doesn't extends Composite in a XWT context
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 14:33:11 GMT 2024