Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Newbie question on a simple embedded Mqtt implementation
Newbie question on a simple embedded Mqtt implementation [message #1764793] Fri, 02 June 2017 09:49
Pavlos Papadopoulos is currently offline Pavlos PapadopoulosFriend
Hello everyone, I am currently facing the following challenge and I would greatly appreciate any input. I apologise in advance if my questions sound stupid, I am just starting out :)

I need to send some very basic measurements to the AWS IoT Broker. The implementation core involves a (resource limited) PIC24F connected to a SARA G350 GRGSM-/GPRS-Module.

Currently I am able to establish and communicate over a direct link TCP/IP connection, using ATCommands within my C Code.

Would I be able to port the Embedded C Paho client on this PIC ? (I have approx. 1kB RAM left). If this idea is impossibe and considering that I only need to do something as simple as publishing like 3 bytes, which of the following approaches sounds more viable :

Trying to extract only the absolutely essential parts of the libs as functions

OR

Trying to manually create the needed MQtt packets as a series of bytes and send them over the (TLS/SSL secure) TCP/IP direct link I have developed?

Thanks,
Pavlos
Previous Topic:Send query params when mqttClient connect
Next Topic:Custom OpenSSL Authentication in C?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 04:47:56 GMT 2024