Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Jenkinsfile with TFVC(Can you create/use a Jenkinsfile for pipeline with TFVC?)
icon8.gif  Jenkinsfile with TFVC [message #1759986] Thu, 20 April 2017 21:30 Go to next message
Benjamin Sykes is currently offline Benjamin SykesFriend
We are trying to get started with Jenkins Pipeline for our CI/CD but we use TFVC for our source control. We have the TFS plugin for Jenkins working but when you try to configure pipeline to use a pipleline script from SCM we are unable to use TFS.

Initially the option appears to use TFVC is in the dropdown but once saved and return to the config it is blank and only offers GIT. This behavior appears to match:

issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-39219

and the comments appear to indicate that TFVC is not compatable with pipeline at all.

Related:
issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-40774
issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-31803

Can someone confirm that this is the case and its STILL true? Some of these issues were created back in 2015 and its still not supported. Are there any alternative workarounds that we can use to pull the jenkinsfile into the pipeline?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Jenkinsfile with TFVC [message #1771970 is a reply to message #1759986] Fri, 01 September 2017 20:15 Go to previous message
Blake Peno is currently offline Blake PenoFriend
I've recently run into the same problem on a project at work. TFVC indeed does not work via the official jenkins-tfs plugin. Work is dead-set on using TFVC and not migrating to git, so I actually have a fork of the plugin with a branch that I have actually managed to successfully use a Jenkinsfile via TFVC.

It's in the very early stages and probably has quite a few issues that I am not even aware of yet, but I'm honestly not familiar enough with the jenkins plugin ecosystem yet to make this a viable solution. Building the scm-pipeline-dev branch on my fork and manually replacing the jar in a Jenkins instance will let you "checkout scm" in a pipeline script via TFVC though.

I'm posting this here because I know the struggle you are going through, and I couldn't find even a single scrap of evidence that anyone even CARED about TFVC, much less was planning on doing anything about it soon. Hopefully this helps you in some way.
Previous Topic:Upgrading hudson from 1.347
Next Topic:hudson3.3.3 false buids
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 07:16:16 GMT 2024