Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Debug configuration issue and extra variables
Debug configuration issue and extra variables [message #1755007] Sun, 26 February 2017 00:30
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
Two problems:

1. I have to select the specific debug configuration. If I click the green spider, it creates a new local debug configuration(lua application) and tries to execute the app. This doesn't work because the "app" is actually part of a remote debugging setup.

I normally have to click the down arrow on the spider then select the remote configuration I created(lua attach to configuration).

I'd like it if I did not have to jump through this extra hoop. I should be able to click on the spider and it launch the only configuration that exists instead of trying to create a new one.

2. It would be nice to be able to have multiple "variables" and "expressions" windows. Mainly so I can look at different variables that are spread out over the variables tree. Even just having one extra variables window will do it. Right now I have to use expressions window to hold the variables I want to look at while using the variables for others.

3. Another problem I just discovered is trying to highlight code that extends past the window using the mouse. It is damn near impossible to do so.

e.g.,

this is a very long code string that needs some text replaced. It extends far past the right window edge as the code does not wrap. Using the mouse to select part of the visible string then dragging to the right to select the other end scrolls very fast past the desired selection end. When trying to move the mouse back, if the cursor moves off the line then the cursor will jump to the previous or next line's end, which generally requires repeating the process.

Instead, When the mouse is in "selection" mode. The current line should be locked to using some type of hysteresis. e.g., if the mouse cursor is slightly higher or lower than the current line, it should not "jump" to them. If the cursor moves to the line above or below, it should not immediately jump to them.

That, or the window positioning when moving the mouse while selected past the edge of the window should behave better(not jump back and forth like it does).

I know it probably sounds confusing but just try to do some long text selection and replacement on a narrow monitor and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Debugging external app opens source file separately
Next Topic:Debug Globals a bit of a mess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 05:23:06 GMT 2024