Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » ShellEd deleting leading whitespace on "}"(ShellEd deletes leading whitespace when typing closing bracket "}")
icon5.gif  ShellEd deleting leading whitespace on "}" [message #1734388] Tue, 07 June 2016 19:29 Go to next message
Adam Yeager is currently offline Adam YeagerFriend
Using the Shell Editor, when entering a closing bracket "}" that has leading whitespace (I used tab) and at least one preceding ascii character (non-space) on the line, it deletes the leading whitespace unexpectedly.

I think this is only happening in ShellEd. I don't see any bugs, other related topics, or anything in Google for this. I have seen an old thread that seems similar for the dltk python editor...but am having trouble rediscovering the page. I also hunted through Eclipse settings (Mars.2) and can't find anything that seems to affect this. I have tested in a few different Eclipse text editors and haven't been able to reproduce this in anything else.

To reproduce:
1) Create a blank shell script and open it with the DLTK "Shell Script Editor".
2) On the first line hit tab a few times.
3) At the end of the tabs, type the character "}"
4) Now type a second "}" and you should see that a leading tab has been removed.
5...) For each subsequent "}" it will continue to delete leading tabs until the all leading whitespace is removed from the line.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I missing something?
Re: ShellEd deleting leading whitespace on "}" [message #1734393 is a reply to message #1734388] Tue, 07 June 2016 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another test case:

Complete through step 3 above:
4) Add a trailing space
5) Type more ascii characters and tabs will be deleted as above for each character.
Re: ShellEd deleting leading whitespace on "}" [message #1734394 is a reply to message #1734393] Tue, 07 June 2016 21:01 Go to previous message
Think I found a bug for this one:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=493958
Previous Topic:How to add additional commands to the TCL syntax highlighter?
Next Topic:Can TCL documentation be added?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 06:29:29 GMT 2024