Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null
[CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null [message #1712853] Wed, 28 October 2015 19:19 Go to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I am trying to get some tests running which start an embedded cdo server with DBStore and H2 database. The tests are started by the maven\tycho build process.

The build runs without any problem on windows. But I encounter the following problem when running it from a Jenkins installed on Linux:

[INFO] Repository configuration manager extension started
[INFO] Net4j extension starting
[INFO] Net4j acceptor starting: tcp://0.0.0.0:2036
[ERROR] getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null
	at org.eclipse.spi.net4j.Acceptor.doBeforeActivate(Acceptor.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.tcp.TCPAcceptor.doBeforeActivate(TCPAcceptor.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.internalActivate(Lifecycle.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.ShareableLifecycle.internalActivate(ShareableLifecycle.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.activate(Lifecycle.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.TransportConfigurator.configureAcceptor(TransportConfigurator.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.TransportConfigurator.configure(TransportConfigurator.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.bundle.Net4jAppExtension.start(Net4jAppExtension.java:38)

I am a little stuck and do not know where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Thorsten

Re: [CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null [message #1712884 is a reply to message #1712853] Thu, 29 October 2015 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Thorsten,

I have no idea why it would behave differently on Linux. If you enable tracing (see
https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_for_CDO_and_Net4j#How_can_I_enable_tracing.3F ) do you get more hints on the problem?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 28.10.2015 um 20:19 schrieb Thorsten Schlathölter:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get some tests running which start an embedded cdo server with DBStore and H2 database. The tests are
> started by the maven\tycho build process.
>
> The build runs without any problem on windows. But I encounter the following problem when running it from a Jenkins
> installed on Linux:
>
>
> [INFO] Repository configuration manager extension started
> [INFO] Net4j extension starting
> [INFO] Net4j acceptor starting: tcp://0.0.0.0:2036
> [ERROR] getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null
> at org.eclipse.spi.net4j.Acceptor.doBeforeActivate(Acceptor.java:155)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.tcp.TCPAcceptor.doBeforeActivate(TCPAcceptor.java:225)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.internalActivate(Lifecycle.java:73)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.ShareableLifecycle.internalActivate(ShareableLifecycle.java:43)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.activate(Lifecycle.java:162)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.TransportConfigurator.configureAcceptor(TransportConfigurator.java:108)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.TransportConfigurator.configure(TransportConfigurator.java:78)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.bundle.Net4jAppExtension.start(Net4jAppExtension.java:38)
>
>
> I am a little stuck and do not know where to look. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Thorsten
>
>

Re: [CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null [message #1713853 is a reply to message #1712884] Sat, 07 November 2015 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Seems to have been a configuration issue. The test is run as a plugin unit test and the launch config is derived from the dependencies. Meanwhile the server gets started by the test.
Thanks for the answer anyways.

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: [CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null [message #1848163 is a reply to message #1713853] Tue, 23 November 2021 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rauno Ots is currently offline Rauno OtsFriend
For me this was the solution:
Net4jUtil.prepareContainer(container);
Re: [CDO] Startup error on linux getConfig().getBufferProvider() == null [message #1848167 is a reply to message #1848163] Tue, 23 November 2021 08:56 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Net4jUtil.prepareContainer() is only useful if you run stand-alone (no extension registry available) or use a custom container (not IPluginContainer.INSTANCE).

When you use IPluginContainer.INSTANCE the extension registry automatically populates the container with the needed factory from the plugin.xml:

<factory
class="org.eclipse.internal.net4j.buffer.BufferPoolFactory"
productGroup="org.eclipse.net4j.bufferProviders"
type="default"/>

Previous Topic:Modeling Servlet in EMF
Next Topic:Copy&Paste between maps fails in Sample Ecore Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 01:48:20 GMT 2024