Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Multiple git repos required for 1 hudson job
Multiple git repos required for 1 hudson job [message #1707055] Tue, 01 September 2015 21:09
Douglas Moore is currently offline Douglas MooreFriend
I'm trying to setup a hudson job that requires 25 different git repositories to
do a full build.

In the "source code management section" I add all the git urls and a local subdirectory name to organize the repos in 1 flat directory.
The problem is for every repo configured requires 2 builds. The first build fails with something like the following. The second build seems to succeed in creating the clone. And even before I do a build all the directories names must be created first in the hudson workspace or there is another type of failure.

Checkout:IQConcurrent / /srv/git/hudson/workspace/PLM-2.5.git.master/IQConcurrent - hudson.remoting.LocalChannel@7f94a069
Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository origin3
Fetching upstream changes from http://dmoore@172.16.0.26:7990/scm/ran/iqconcurrent.git
Fetching upstream changes from http://dmoore@172.16.0.26:7990/scm/ran/iqconcurrent.git
FATAL: Repository doesnt exists or not properly initialized.
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Repository doesnt exists or not properly initialized.

From the hudson book
Providing multiple repositories only makes sense when they are clones or instances off the same repository, since they will be used for merging together the content prior to the build.

So I'm wondering if this multi-repo configuration is going to work for my needs. That is clone 25 repos in hudson workspace and SCM polling is done on them all.

Previous Topic:Eclipse connection plugin
Next Topic:Deploying WAR to WildFly 8?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 14:00:32 GMT 2024