Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing(New Release)
Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing [message #1698117] Thu, 11 June 2015 12:18 Go to next message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

We're glad to announce that the release candidate for Hudson 3.3.0 is now available for community testing from the downloads page.
This is an important release as it marks a move to only supporting Java 7 and above for the running of Hudson Core. You will still be able to run jobs that compile to older versions of Java, but you must use Java 7 or 8 to run your server and slaves.
We have tested this version with both Java 7 and Java 8 and the following Application Servers:

• Jetty 9 (Built in)
  • JBoss 8.2
  • Glassfish 4.1
  • Tomcat 7
  • Tomcat 8

When testing this version of the core you should be able to upgrade from any release from 2.2.n upwards (be sure to do your backups first!) .
Because of the change in compilation version of Java and other library changes we have a separate plugin server for this release which 3.3.0 will automatically use. Be sure to upgrade your plugins as well.
You can see the full list of bugs addressed in this release in the changelog, but as usual, please report any problems you encounter in your testing via bugzilla.

All being well the production version of this release is scheduled for the 10th July.
Happy testing!

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing [message #1698301 is a reply to message #1698117] Sat, 13 June 2015 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaz Nishimura is currently offline Kaz NishimuraFriend
I get this exception if I enable my Google Login Plugin.

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: vfs:/content/hudson.war/WEB-INF/lib/hudson-core-3.3.0-RC1.jar/hudson/security/SecurityRealm/loginDialog.jelly:72:69: <st:include> No page found 'loginFragment.jelly' for class org.vx68k.hudson.plugin.google.login.GoogleLoginService

This is probably caused by these lines in hudson.security.SecurityRealm/loginDialog.jelly.

<j:forEach var="fls" items="${app.getFederatedLoginServices()}">
            <div>
                <st:include page="loginFragment.jelly" it="${fls}"/>
            </div>
        </j:forEach>

Kaz Nishimura
Re: Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing [message #1698307 is a reply to message #1698301] Sat, 13 June 2015 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strangely, the same errors started to occur even on 3.2.2, though it had worked before. Where is loginFragment.jelly?

Kaz Nishimura
Re: Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing [message #1698309 is a reply to message #1698307] Sat, 13 June 2015 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, it was caused by my plugin configuration. I will recheck the problem soon.

Kaz Nishimura
Re: Hudson 3.3.0 Release Candidate is available for Testing [message #1698310 is a reply to message #1698309] Sat, 13 June 2015 06:32 Go to previous message
I confirmed the problem was caused by my mistake.

I wanted to include a non-default resource into the plugin archive by adding a resources element in pom.xml but it totally overrode the default resources. That is why loginFragment.jelly was not found.

Kaz Nishimura
Previous Topic:Old Hudson cannot checkout from Cloudforge - what is the simplest way to fix?
Next Topic:Internal Server Error with the Google Login Plugin on Hudson 3.3.0-RC1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 06:12:11 GMT 2024