Eclipse Team Component 3.4 Development Plan
Back to the Team Component Page
is under development
|| item is
||[>3.4] item is deferred
Eclipse Project 3.4 Plan items that effect Team
The following items which appear on the
Eclipse Project 3.4 Plan
will have an effect on the Team/Compare/CVS component.
- Plan item 1: There is no Eclipse 3.4 plan yet but when there is we'll make sure
to update this section.
The next section contains a description of the particular items we plan to address in 3.4.
Overall Team 3.4 Plan
The overall themes for this release are detailed below
(Note, at this point, these are just items that we could potentially address.
Until we know the overall 3.4 plan, we cannot commit to any particular items):
- [>3.4] Adopt new menu/commands (196349): The new menu/commands story has been evolving over the last few releases
and should be in a state in 3.4 that will allow the Team, Compare and CVS plug-ins to adopt the support.
- [>3.4] Adapt editor functionality to Compare Editor (169386): We should continue to provide as much editor capabilities
as possible in the compare editor.
- Improve unmatched patch handling: There are several improvements that can be made around patch handling.
Some examples are:
- [>3.4] Better visual feedback in the merge viewer when portions of a patch cannot be matched
so that the user understands what to do and has some additional tools to help them find a match. (190844)
- Fuzz factor improvements (199846)
- [>3.4] Compare with Each Other (193321): We would like to provide a more Synchronize view like work flow to
the Compare with Each Other action.
- [>3.4] Address Model-based Synchronize View regressions (172027):
When the model-based Synchronize view was introduced in 3.2, there were several regressions that prevented CVs from removing support
for the old-style Synchronizations. It would be good if these regressions could be addressed.
- Project Configuration: There are several improvements that can be made around project configuration.
Some examples are:
- Multi-project sharing (104203)
- [>3.4] Multi-project configuration on checkout/import (e.g. make non-Eclipse projects Java projects). (73590)
- Performance: There are several performance issues we would like to address:
- [>3.4] CVS Log Entry Cache (79697)
- [>3.4] Compare Editor Memory Usage (90209)
- Other Issues (Query)