Eclipse Foundation News
- Countdown to EclipseCon 2014 posted Mar 04, 2014
EclipseCon 2014 in San Francisco is less than 2 weeks away! Register now!
- Eclipse Newsletter - The Internet of Things (IoT) and Eclipse posted Feb 20, 2014
Read all about the Eclipse IoT Community and its 12 projects in the latest newsletter. Read it here.
- EclipseCon France 2014 - Call for Papers posted Feb 18, 2014
The call for papers is now open for EclipseCon France 2014, taking place June 18-19 in Toulouse. Propose a session.
- Introducing the Updated Eclipse Logo posted Feb 14, 2014
A new version of the Eclipse logo is now available on the Eclipse artwork page
and the Eclipse Logo and Trademark guidelines have been updated.
- EclipseCon 2014 - Early Registration posted Feb 05, 2014
Early registration deadline for EclipseCon 2014 is today! Register now!
- Eclipse Foundation Celebrates 10th Anniversary posted Feb 03, 2014
Today is the Eclipse Foundation's tenth birthday. A lot has changed, our community is awesome and we look forward to the next 10 years!
- Eclipse Community Awards 2014 posted Jan 28, 2014
Nominations have been submitted and it's now time to vote for the Top Committer and Top Newcomer Evangelist. Vote now!
- Eclipse Newsletter: Java 8 is coming - get ready posted Jan 23, 2014
Java 8 is going to be released this coming March. In this edition of the newsletter we have a number of articles to get you ready! Read it now.
- Eclipse Special Day at OOP posted Jan 15, 2014
Join us in Munich on Febuary 4, 2014 for the Eclipse Special Day at OOP. Propose a demo and show us the cool things you've been doing with Eclipse. Call for demos deadline is January 24.
- Eclipse Day Florence 2014 - Call for Papers posted Jan 09, 2014
The third edition of the Eclipse Day Florence will take place May 23, 2014, in Florence, Italy. Submit a session proposal here.
- Eclipse Newsletter: Top projects, plugins and talks for 2013 posted Dec 19, 2013
Discover cool projects, emerging trends, top plugins and talks in this issue of the newsletter. Read it here.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2014 posted Jan 27, 2014
Eclipse Community Awards 2014 nomination deadline is today! Nominate an individual for the Top Committer and Top Newcomer Evangelist Awards.
- EclipseCon 2014 Program Announced posted Dec 11, 2013
The technical program for the upcoming EclipseCon 2014 conference had been announced and includes 120 different technical talks and 14 in-depth tutorials. Register now and save $700.
- Eclipse Foundation M2M Working Group Announces New Members posted Dec 11, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation, the host of the Eclipse M2M Working Group, is pleased to welcome three new companies as members of the working group. 2lemetry, Bitreactive, and M2M Alliance have all joined the working group to participate in building a collaborative M2M and IoT community.
- Eclipse Newsletter - Visualize your ideas with Sirius posted Nov 21, 2013
This month, the newsletter features Sirius. This new Eclipse project is a field-proven technology that allows you to create and represent information in a visual way. Read it now.
- EclipseCon 2014 Keynotes Announced posted Nov 27, 2013
The keynotes speakers for EclipseCon 2014 have been announced. This year they will touch upon topics important to the future of the software industry and the future of Eclipse.
- EclipseCon 2014 - Early-bird Registration posted Dec 28, 2013
The early-bird registration deadline is tomorrow. Register Now and save $700!
- Testing New Eclipse Logo Designs posted Dec 06, 2013
Starting today we are going to display some of the new designs on eclipse.org. Visitors to the web site will have an opportunity to +1, 0, or -1 on the design and provide comments.
- Eclipse Day at the Googleplex 2013 posted Dec 13, 2013
Last chance to register for the Eclipse Day at the Googleplex, taking place tomorrow, December 18, 2013. Register now.
- Eclipse Day at the Googleplex 2013 posted Oct 22, 2013
We're happy to announce the 6th annual Eclipse Day at the Googleplex, taking place December 18, 2013. Great speakers such as Tim Fox and Eric Clayberg will be presenting at this year's event. View the full program and register.
- Attend an Eclipse DemoCamp in Your City posted Sep 19, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is sponsoring another series of Eclipse DemoCamps during the month of November. Don't miss this opportunity to meet and exchange with other community members. Sign-up now.
- Eclipse Survey: Two quick questions about your Eclipse usage posted Nov 25, 2013
We have a very short survey on your usage of Eclipse. Let us know your preference for line numbers and compiler warnings. Complete the survey now.
- Eclipse Foundation Creates European Subsidiary to Support Growing Open Source Community posted Oct 29, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation has announced the creation of a European subsidiary, Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH (EFE).
- EclipseCon 2014 - Call for Papers Deadline posted Oct 01, 2013
EclipseCon 2014 is scheduled for March 17-20 in San Francisco, CA. The conference call for papers deadline is November 18. Submit now.
- Eclipse Newsletter - C/C++ Development Tooling posted Oct 24, 2013
This month, after popular demand, the Eclipse Newsletter features C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT). Read it.
- Organize an Eclipse DemoCamp in Your City posted Sep 19, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is sponsoring another series of Eclipse DemoCamps during the month of November. We want to encourage
Eclipse community members to organize a DemoCamp in your home city. DemoCamps are a great way to build a local Eclipse community.
- EclipseCon Europe 2013 - Register Now posted Sep 19, 2013
EclipseCon Europe is happening now! Register On-site.
- Eclipse Newsletter - How software lifecycle tools are changing posted Sep 25, 2013
The September issue of the newsletter is now available. Read about how projects like Mylyn make it easier to integrate lifecycle tools from different sources and how it can be used with tools like Git, Gerrit and Hudson.
- Register for the Eclipse Training Series - Fall 2013 posted Sep 09, 2013
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Fall 2013 Training Series, taking place between Oct. 21 and Nov. 30, 2013. These training classes are an excellent opportunity for software developers and architects to learn more about Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse4 RCP, Eclipse BIRT, Building OSGI/RCP applications with Maven/Tycho and Modeling Technologies.
- Eclipse Finance Day 2013 posted Oct 29, 2013
Attend the Eclipse Finance Day is Zurich on November 5. Check out the program and register here.
- Eclipse Webinar - Web-based BPM with Stardust posted Sep 19, 2013
The Stardust webinar is now available on our YouTube Channel. Previous webinars are available on our webinar playlist.
- EclipseCon Europe Sessions Selected posted Sep 08, 2013
The program committee has selected the talks and tutorials that will be included in this year's program. View the accepted sessions here.
- Eclipse Newsletter - Foundation 2.0: Making it easier to contribute posted Aug 21, 2013
This month, the newsletter highlights what the Eclipse Foundation has done to make it easier for end users and the community to contribute to Eclipse projects. Read more
- Eclipse Testing Day - Program and Registration posted Aug 07, 2013
This year's Eclipse Testing Day will take place on September 25 in Darmstadt. Check out the program and register here.
- Eclipse M2M Initiative Gains Momentum with New Projects, Members and Commercial Adoption posted Jul 30, 2013
The Eclipse M2M Working Group continues to make significant progress in establishing an open source software ecosystem for Machine-2-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) development.
- EclipseCon Europe - Call for Papers Deadline Extended posted Aug 07, 2013
Submission deadlline has been extended to Sunday, Aug 18. Propose a session now for EclipseCon Europe 2013, October 29-31 in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
- Eclipse Newsletter - Eclipse RT posted Jul 24, 2013
Read the latest Eclipse Newsletter. This month's theme is Eclipse Runtime (Eclipse RT).
- Kepler - Annual Eclipse Release Train Ready for Download posted Jun 26, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of the annual Eclipse release train. Each year, the Eclipse community of open source projects coordinates a major release at the end of June.
- Kepler - La sortie simultanée Eclipse annuelle prête au téléchargement posted Jun 26, 2013
La fondation Eclipse est heureuse d’annoncer la sortie simultanée annuelle Eclipse. Chaque année, la communauté Eclipse coordonne une sortie majeure de ses projets Open Source fin juin.
- Kepler - Das jährliche integrierte Eclipse Release steht bereit posted Jun 26, 2013
Die Eclipse Foundation teilt die Verfügbarkeit des jährlichen integrierten Releases („Release Train“) mit. Wie auch schon in den vergangenen Jahren hat die Open Source Community auch 2013 wieder sein Hauptrelease pünktlich zum Ende Juni verfügbar machen können.
- Embracing Social Coding at Eclipse posted Jun 21, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is going to start allowing its projects to host their mainline development on third party forges such as GitHub, and (eventually) Bitbucket.
- Eclipse Newsletter - Coming Soon... the Kepler Release Train posted Jun 19, 2013
In this issue of the newsletter, you will find articles that highlight key projects from the Kepler Release, including Stardust 1.0, Orion, and the top 10 highlights for this year's release.
- Register for Eclipse Day in China posted Jun 19, 2013
Eclipse Day China will take place on June 29, 2013 in Beijing, China. View the full agenda and register here.
- Eclipse Kepler DemoCamps/Hackathons: June 23 - 29 posted Jun 19, 2013
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Frankfurt am Main and Vancouver on June 25, Toronto and Walldorf on June 26, Zurich on June 27, and Vienna on June 28.
- 2013 Annual Eclipse Community Report posted Jun 13, 2013
This year's Annual Eclipse Community Report has been published. Read it now.
- Results of the Eclipse Community Survey 2013 posted Jun 12, 2013
The results of the Eclipse Community Survey 2013 are now available. Thank you to everyone that provided their feedback.
- Eclipse Newsletter - Using the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) posted May 24, 2013
In this month's newsletter we feature tutorials that will help you understand the basics of the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF), and show you how get started with the EMF Client Platform and the EMFStore.
- Eclipse Testing Day 2013: Mobile Testing - Call for Papers and Sponsors posted May 23, 2013
Eclipse Testing Day is scheduled for September 25, in Darmstadt, Germany. The call for papers and sponsors has started! Click here to submit a proposal or become a sponsor.
- EclipseLive Makes Way for Eclipse YouTube posted May 27, 2013
Eclipse has a new YouTube Channel. New content will go on YouTube, and content on EclipseLive will be archived and read-only. Find out to how to get your video added to our channel.
- Register for the Eclipse Spring 2013 Training Series posted Mar 22, 2013
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Spring 2013 Training Series. These training classes are an excellent opportunity for software developers and architects to learn more about Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse4 RCP, Eclipse BIRT, Building OSGI/RCP applications with Maven/Tycho and Modeling Technologies.
- Attend a Kepler DemoCamp or Hackathon this June posted Apr 15, 2013
To mark the Kepler Simultaneous Release, Eclipse community members are organizing DemoCamps and Hackathons around the world between June 1 -30. Sign up to attend one in your city, see the DemoCamp/Hackathon wiki.
- EclipseCon France Program and Keynotes Announced posted May 06, 2013
The technical program and the keynotes speakers for the first EclipseCon France have been announced. Join us in Toulouse on June 5-6, 2013.
- Eclipse Newsletter - BIRT and Big Data posted Apr 26, 2013
Find out how to use BIRT to visualize data from Hadoop, Cassandra and MongoDB in this month's issue of the Eclipse Newsletter.
- EclipseCon France - Early-Bird Selections posted Apr 08, 2013
Five talks were accepted from the early-bird submissions. Congratulations to the presenters! The deadline for submissions is next Monday, April 15.
- Eclipse Day Florence posted Apr 24, 2013
Eclipse Day Florence will take place on May 10, 2013 in Florence, Italy. View the full agenda and register here.
- Complete Eclipse Community Survey before May 10 posted Apr 12, 2013
Please take 5 - 10 minutes of your time to tell us how you are using Eclipse and open source software by completing the Eclipse Community Survey. Participation deadline is May 10, 2013.
- Eclipse Newsletter - March 2013 posted Apr 03, 2013
Read the lastest issue of the Eclipse Newsletter. This month's theme is 'Introduction to Xtend - Java Unleashed'.
- Eclipse Community Award Winners Announced posted Mar 26, 2013
Congratulations to the winners of the Eclipse Community Awards.
- Eclipse Xtend 2.4 Adds Support for Android and Active Annotations posted Mar 20, 2013
The Eclipse Xtend project has released version 2.4 including support for Android development and Active Annotations.
- Orion 2.0 is now available posted Mar 01, 2013
Orion 2.0 is now available, featuring a node.js server, improve JS content assist and simplified editor embedding. More details.
- EclipseCon Starts in less than 1 Week; Register Now! posted Mar 18, 2013
EclipseCon 2013 starts March 25 in Boston, MA. Register today to attend the annual Eclipse community conference.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 - Finalists posted Mar 01, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Community Awards. The winners will be announced on March 25 during the Awards Ceremony at EclipseCon 2013.
- Eclipse Juno SR2 is now available for download posted Mar 01, 2013
The packages for the Juno SR2 release are now available for download.
- Eclipse Foundation Enables Long-Term Industrial Use of Eclipse posted Feb 20, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation has launched a new initiative to enable the infrastructure and ecosystem for the support of
Eclipse in industries that require Eclipse releases maintained over a very long time.
- Countdown Contest - EclipseCon and ALM Connect posted Feb 19, 2013
To countdown the weeks before EclipseCon and ALM Connect we will be giving away an All Access Pass to four lucky individuals! Enter Now
- Eclipse RAP Project Release 2.0 Now Supports Native Client Platform posted Feb 15, 2013
A new major release of the Eclipse Remote Application Platform (RAP) is now available for download.
- Plan to Attend the ALM Connect Executive Day posted Feb 11, 2013
Software executives are invited to attend the ALM Connect Executive Day that is being held March 27, 2013 in conjunction with ALM Connect and EclipseCon.
- Eclipse Foundation Enables LocationTech posted Feb 05, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation has launched a new industry working group to support user driven development of location aware systems. Read the press release to find out more.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 - Vote Now posted Jan 28, 2013
Nominations are closed for the Eclipse Community Awards. Find out who the nominees are and vote now!
- EclipseCon Early Registration Deadline is February 14; Register Today! posted Feb 11, 2013
The deadline for EclipseCon early registration is February 14. Register before the deadline and save $200.
- Announcing New Open Source Executive Summit at EclipseCon posted Jan 28, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is organizing a special 1-day Open Source Executive Summit, at EclipseCon, for IT executives interested in learning more about open source software.
- Eclipse Foundation Announces Release of Hudson 3.0 posted Jan 23, 2013
Hudson 3.0 is now available, including new features to simplify installation and management.
- Board of Directors Elections posted Jan 15, 2013
Nominations are now open for the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors. To nominate someone as a committer
or sustaining member representative, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EclipseCon and ALM Connect Keynotes Announced posted Jan 15, 2013
EclipseCon and ALM Connect will feature keynote speakers from Redmonk, Forrester Research, Twitter, GitHub and Oracle.
- Planned Downtime for Eclipse.org on Feb. 9 posted Jan 11, 2013
All eclipse.org service will be offline on February 9, 2013 while our servers are moved to a new facility.
- EclipseCon 2013 Program Announced posted Dec 20, 2012
The technical program for the upcoming EclipseCon 2013 conference had been announced. The conference is being held March 25-28, 2013 in Boston, MA and will be co-located with the new Agile ALM Connect conference and the annual OSGi DevCon.
- ALM Connect Program Announced posted Dec 19, 2012
The program has been announced for the second annual ALM Connect conference, co-located with EclipseCon 2013. ALM Connect focuses on connecting the tools, agile methods and people across the software development lifecycle.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 posted Dec 10, 2012
Nominations are now open for the Eclipse Community Awards 2013! Nominate an individual, a project and or a technology. Deadline for nominations is January 24, 2013.
- Register Now for Eclipse Day at the Googleplex 2012 posted Nov 05, 2012
Eclipse Day at the Googleplex was a success! Thank you to Google, the speakers, the attendees and everyone else who contributed!
- New Eclipse Clothing Design posted Nov 26, 2012
The design contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a design.
- Eclipse November 2012 DemoCamps posted Dec 13, 2012
Thank you to the organizers, speakers and attendees for another great series of DemoCamps!
- Eclipse Survey: Big data, reporting and visualization posted Oct 23, 2012
This survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed!
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Dec. 2 - Dec. 8 posted Nov 27, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamp will take place in Munich, Germany on Dec. 5.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov. 25 - Dec. 1 posted Nov 20, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Berlin on Nov. 26, Bucharest on Nov. 28, Kassel and Boston on Nov. 29, and Vienna on Nov. 30.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov. 18 - 24 posted Nov 13, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Bonn on Nov. 19, Dresden on Nov. 20, Toronto, Copenhagen, and Braunschweig on Nov. 21, Poznan on Nov. 22, Budapest and Pecs on Nov. 23, and Jarkata on Nov. 24.
- EclipseCon 2013: Call for Papers Deadline Nov. 19, 2012 posted Nov 06, 2012
The EclipseCon Call for Papers deadline is today! Submit your proposal now.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov 11 - 17 posted Nov 06, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Vancouver, Canada on November 13 and Hamburg, Germany on November 14.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: November 2012 posted Oct 23, 2012
The Eclipse Community is hosting Demo Camps in cities around the world during November 2012. Sign up now to attend or present at a DemoCamp in your area.
- New Issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter posted Oct 11, 2012
The third issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter is out! Read it online here.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Time to Organize posted Oct 11, 2012
Sign up now to organize a DemoCamp in your area! For more information, see the November DemoCamp wiki page.
- New Issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter posted Sep 26, 2012
The second issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter has been published. You can read it online here.
- EclipseCon Europe Early Registration Deadline is September 30 posted Sep 21, 2012
The early registeration deadline for EclipseCon Europe is September 30. Register today to qualify for the discounted price.
- EclipseCon 2013 Call for Paper Now Open posted Sep 21, 2012
EclipseCon 2013 is scheduled for March 25-28 in Boston, MA. The conference call for papers is now open. Everyone is invited to submit a speaking proposal.
- Plan to attend the Eclipse Finance Day in Zurich posted Sep 21, 2012
The Eclipse Finance Day will be held October 16, 2012 in Zurich Switzerland. The details agenda and registration information are now available.
- Register for the Eclipse Fall 2012 Training Series posted Aug 30, 2012
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Fall 2012 Training Series.
We are pleased to introduce two new courses, Eclipse4 RCP and Building OSGI/RCP with Maven/Tycho.
- Eclipse Webinars: Learning about M2M posted Aug 28, 2012
Machine-2-Machine (M2M) or the Internet of Things (IoT) is a technology area and industry that is growing very quickly, has a lot of great potential but I am not sure is understood very well by the software industry.
- Eclipse Juno Release Train Has Arrived posted Jun 27, 2012
As is the tradition for the end of June, the Eclipse community celebrates the release of the annual Eclipse release train, this year code-named Juno. This is the ninth year the community has shipped a release train, and each year the release gets bigger. Juno represents the work of 72 project teams by 445 open source committers on 55 million lines of code, and the participation of 40+ Eclipse member companies.
- La sortie simultanée Eclipse Juno est maintenant disponible posted Jun 27, 2012
Comme le veut la tradition de fin Juin, la communauté Eclipse célèbre la sortie simultanée d’Eclipse qui cette année se nomme Juno. Pour la 9ème année consécutive la communauté a mené à bon port cette version, toujours de plus en plus importante. Juno représente le travail de 72 équipes de projets impliquant 445 committers sur 55 millions de lignes de code, et la participation de plus de 40 organismes membres de la fondation Eclipse.
- Eclipse Juno DemoCamps posted Jul 02, 2012
This weeks' camps include Dresden on July 4 and Krakow on July 5.
- Eclipse Community Survey Results Now Available posted Jun 08, 2012
The results of the Eclipse Community Survey are now available. Thanks to everyone that participated.